Effective Date: Feb 15, 2021
We may collect information submitted by users, information received on the basis of users’ visits to, interactions with, and activities on our Site. We may use various technologies (e.g., cookies) on our Site to collect information about your device and about your activities on our Site, including which pages of our Site that you visit.
Data Collected through User Submissions
We collect and store information that you submit to us, including via registration or purchase activities. If you identify yourself by sending us an email, we collect and store your email address and any other information you provide in your email. As described in more detail in the “Use of Collected Data” section below, we use this information for our operational and commercial purposes, including to contact you and/or send you information, including marketing information, about our products.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact, identify, or locate you. Such information includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, Country
You are not under any obligation to provide this information. However, if you withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide certain services or products to you.
Data Collected through User Visits, Interactions, and Activities
A cookie is a small alphanumeric text file sent by a web server and placed on your computer by your web browser. Cookies can be divided into two different types: session and persistent. Session cookies are typically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies, in contrast, remain stored on your computer after you close your browser until they are deleted either because they expire, or you delete them.
The types of cookies we use are:
- Session Cookies. We use session cookies to operate our Site, for security purposes, and to customize our users’ experiences.
- Persistent Cookies. We use persistent cookies to remember your preferences and other information, including products you may be interested in, and various settings, and to customize our users’ experience.
None of these cookies is strictly necessary to access our Site. You may set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set. However, if you do not accept cookies, parts of our Site may function differently, and you may not be able to use some portions or features of our Site. For more information about how to manage your cookies and your cookie preferences, please use the “help” menu of your web browser or explore the customer support sections of your web browser.
We also collect certain passive tracking data concerning your device and how you access and use our Site (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data includes information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and browser version, as well as the pages of our Site that you visit, the times and dates of your visits, the time spent on, and interactions with, those pages, location data, and diagnostic data. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site at any time, through your device settings.
We may use third-party technology providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. This includes Google Analytics – for more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Unsubscribe/Right to Withdraw/Revoke Consent
If you do not want us to contact you or send you information by email, postal mail and/or telephone, or if you would like to change any of the information that you have previously provided to us, please let us know by emailing us at Privacy@BelmontBeeCompany.com. You may also unsubscribe from receiving our newsletters, marketing and promotional materials by following the unsubscribe link in our marketing and promotional emails or the instructions provided in any other communication we send.
Opt-Out/Right to Withdraw/Revoke Consent
You may refuse or remove persistent cookies by adjusting your browser settings to refuse or remove cookies. Please note that there may be a slight delay between your unsubscribe or opt-out elections and the processing of such elections. Please also note that we are not responsible for third parties’ failure to comply with opt-out instructions.
Use of Collected Data
We use the information we collect for our operational and commercial purposes, including:
- Product, Service, and Order Fulfillment
- Customer Support (including to manage and administer our relationships with our customers and potential customers, and to maintain and improve the experiences of our customers and potential customers)
- Quality Assurance
- Site Performance and Administration (including to measure the number of visitors to different sections and pages of our Site, to determine how best to enhance the usability and performance of our Site, and to detect and prevent fraud)
- Marketing and Advertising (to send marketing information about our products and services to you or other consumers).
- Other Communications with Customers
- Internal Financial, Employment, and Administrative Purposes
- Compliance with Legal/Regulatory Obligations
Retention of Personal Information
Belmont Bee Company will retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Sharing and Disclosure of Data
We do not sell or share your personal data outside BBC.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement or Legal Requirements
Under certain circumstances, Belmont Bee Company may be required to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency). We will disclose such information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Belmont Bee Company
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Links to Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Features
Give us a Buzz
We are always happy to receive ideas, suggestions, and questions about our operation, the bees, and the colonies we care for…so drop us a line. The bees will appreciate it, and we will, too!